- This event has passed.
Tall Ships Massed Sing World Record Attempt – 11th July 2019
July 11 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pmFree
Our Voices Foundation Choral Leadership programme culminates in an online, massed sing, live streamed from the Tall Ships open air stage on St Peter’s Campus next to the National Glass Centre.
- schools gain Arts Awards throughout the day.
- schools can join in with a Big Sing at Sunderland Empire
- please note the St Peter’s Campus stage is now FULL
- Every child can join in online – either from their classroom, school hall, as audience members to the event or other large spaces you have available.
- You can even get your parents/carers to join in from home or the school hall.
3 Massed Sing Songs for everyone to perform –
- Jack He Was A Sunderland Lad, arranged by Keith Gregson to the Keel Row Song;
- Three Little Birds (words, sheet music, backing tracks and practice activities available through school Charanga subscriptions www.sunderlandmusicdigital.org.uk), and
- We Could Be Hero’s (resources available through school Music Hub SLA subscriptions to Sing UP).
Links will be made available by Feb 1/2 term. A Songs for Sunderland songbank has been curated by the Voices Foundation, and will be fully available for your school to use by 1st Feb 2018 through your Charanga subscription. The 3 songs have been chosen to ensure they are fully accessible for all children, including SEN, and are uplifting and enjoyable.
Timetable for open air stage on the day: – this activity is now FULL – other slots are available for your school to perform – please contact Sue Hurrell at Tall Ships if you would like to take up this offer.
Big Sing at Sunderland Empire – for those schools who would like to join in but not formally perform – take part in a Big Sing at Sunderland Empire from 10 – 12pm. The 3 massed songs will be performed at 11am to ensure everyone can join in.
Online URL links and song repertoire will be fully accessibly to all schools via this website, North Yorkshire Music Action Zone, www.sunderlandmusicdigital.org.uk and Sing UP! by Feb 1/2 term at the latest.
An education pack will be distributed to schools shortly as to how they can get involved through the live stream, singing from their school hall or classrooms.