Sunderland Music Hub is recruiting freelance vocal practitioners to deliver targeted singing intervention work for schools with limited choral and singing across the Curriculum offers. Practitioners will need to evidence;
- experience supporting schools to develop and embed singing strategies for curriculum and performance outcomes
- experience putting on and supporting small and large scale performances (from school assemblies to ‘Big Sings’)
- good understanding of the National Plan for Music Education and how their work delivers against core and extension roles
- good understanding of Charanga and Sing UP for music curriculum outcomes, embedding strong musical and vocal skills in CYP/teachers/schools and supporting small and large scale performances
- delivering support, guidance and training to music co-ordinators/schools to establish choirs/singing strategies
- appropriate qualifications or extensive practical work experience
We are seeking practitioners to deliver sessions in schools in main through our key online music partners, culminating in massed singing events (such as the Tall Ships July 11th Streamed world record breaking singing event).
Please note: Freelance tutors will be required to register to the Sunderland Music Hub Tutor List, and appointments will be dependent on references and a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 2nd Feb 2018. Successful applicants will be invited for interview, with work commencing from the Summer 2018 term.
Please email email@example.com to register you interest and receive more info re the application process.
Experienced vocal practitioner fee for the targeted intervention work is £30 per hour (inc planning, preparation and travel time) with approx. 8 sessions in schools building up to at least 1 performance.